There is a large hiring event going on Friday December 16th from 3pm – 7pm at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel in Phoenix Arizona. Many aviation representatives from around the nation will be attending, seeking candidates for a variety of positions in the aviation industry. Maintenance, management and customer service positions are the highest in demand, but there will be recruiters looking for many positions in the industry. If you are in the Phoenix area, we strongly encourage you to check out this event, and get in front of top recruiters in the industry.
The event should be a great opportunity to network, socialize and just have fun. There will be a lot of leading companies in the industry attending this event, so there should be great information on upcoming technology and industry changes. The event will be put on by take one event rentals, a local event rental company, and will be an elegant and formal affair. Large tables will have catered food and beverages, and drink tickets will be available for the hotel bar. The event will be well lit and have heat lamps for guests who want to stay after sunset.
We encourage you to be prepared for this event and treat it as an informal interview. We recommend you not only look the part of a professional, but also act the part in order to take full advantage of this event.
How to prepare for the Event:
- Dress to impress – Make sure that you are dressed appropriately for the event. It is a casual but professional event, so formal professional attire is recommended. This is more than a hiring event, and also a great networking event, with many influencers in the industry attending.
- Bring Business Cards – Being that this will be a great networking opportunity, we recommend bringing some business cards. Make sure your business cards are specific to your skills and desired position. If your business card is broad and generic we recommend you printing some new ones before the event. Try and create something that stands out, but it is also professional, and showcases your strengths. Don’t forget to include your email and social media links on your card.
- Resume In Hand – Plan to bring at least ten copies of your resume to hand out to recruiters.
- Gather Contacts – In addition to making sure everyone has your contact information, make sure you get theirs. Follow up is key to getting the job you want, so make sure you have the right name and contact information for the hiring manager.
- Rehearse – It’s advised to rehearse what you are going to say to recruiters, and anticipate what questions they may ask. Think of it as a quick interview and impress them with how prepared you are for what may come up.
- Don’t drink too much – Drinks will be available during the event, but we strongly advise moderating your drinking, or choose to drink after the event. Follow the role of the recruiters if anything, if they are not drinking, follow their lead, but if they are starting to unwind, it might not hurt to sip on a drink with them.
- Have Fun – Recruiters will pick up on how much fun you are having and people like to be around fun people. Having fun will make you seem confident, and appear to be a great person to work with. Don’t take this too literally, remember to stay poised.
We hope that those in the Phoenix area who are seeking employment in the aviation industry, or are looking to network with others in their filed are able to attend. This will be one of the best events of its kind, and a great opportunity for those breaking into the industry, as well as those changing roles in their careers to attend. If you have any questions leading up to the event please contact us directly. We can put you in contact with program officials and help you make sure you are adequately prepared for the big day.
Hope to see you there.